The most delicious way to get your veggies
I am a little bit of a picky eater and never dreamed I would ever like brussel sprouts. The smell of them alone used to make me gag. However, in the pursuit of healthiness I decided to give them a shot. Once you try this recipe, I promise you will also be a self-proclaimed brussel sprout lover.
You will need:
1 stalk or two bags of brussel sprouts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash your sprouts.
3. Spray a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. I prefer to use an olive oil based version.
4. You will then cut off just the bottom of the sprout, cut it in half long-ways and lay it in the greased pan. Repeat until all sprouts are ready.
5. Drizzle with EVOO (Just a little! Going overboard is a surefire way to add tons of calories), and sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper on top. For garlic lovers, you can throw some whole cloves into the pan, or sprinkle sprouts with garlic powder/flakes.
6. Slide into oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan, and give it a good shake or turn sprouts with spatula. They should like slightly toasty at this point.
7. Return to oven, bake for 10-15 more minutes, or until edges of sprouts start to brown. They will be done when you can pierce the sprout with a fork without difficulty.